Frequently asked questions
Choose Accessibility on the top right corner of the screen to change the display font size and background colour. These settings will remain in place until you change them again.
Accessibility options will not effect the display of individual exercises, diagnostic tests and resources.
Can I link to or download mathcentre resources?
mathcentre resources are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives-NonCommerical licence. mathcentre are happy for you to either link to or download our resources.
Although the mathcentre resources are stable and have been for some time, any changes we make will not be picked up by you if you download the resources so we would recommend that you link to mathcentre resources.
Please would you credit mathcentre (www.mathcentre.ac.uk) on your site or where students access our materials. This will also enable students to find their own way to mathcentre for additional resources.
Downloading packs of resources
Packs of resources may be downloaded as zip files. The following packs are available :
- Engineering Maths First Aid Kit
- Quick Reference leaflets - All resources
- Quick Reference leaflets - Business resources
- Practice and Revision refresher booklets
- Teach Yourself booklets
Select Save to download the zip file to your computer.
How do I cite a mathcentre resource?
If you need to cite a mathcentre resource, this should be done in the same way that you would cite another web resource, for example:
Author (year) Resource name <url> Date accessed.
How do I find resources ?
Find the mathematics resources most relevant to your needs by selecting from the menu buttons on the left:
- Course - select the course you are studying followed by the topic you need
- Topic - choose the topic you are interested in
- Resource type - choose a resource type and then select the topic you would like
- Let me choose- search for resources by entering keywords. Search on a blank keyword to see a list of all resources for your chosen resource type.
Resources and materials may be filtered for students and/or staff when finding resources.
Resources from other projects and universities have been made freely available through the mathcentre site. Select Third party resources or Links to useful websites.
Practising mathematics in mathcentre
mathcentre contains a vast amount of material to enable understanding to be checked through doing examples. This could be particularly useful during preparation for examinations. The following resources contain questions with solutions:
- Practise and Revision booklets contain a huge number of questions to practise algebra, differentiation, calculus and numeracy skills. Answers are provided. There is also an interactive version of the Algebra booklet with dynamic links to other mathcentre resources for revision.
- Teach Yourself booklets cover topics in depth and are interspersed with short exercises with answers.
- Test Yourself Exercises are available via DEWIS, Maths E.G. and Numbas for a variety of topics. These randomise questions allowing students to practice examples and obtain solutions.
- Quick Reference leaflets are easily accessible double-sided leaflets on specific topics and contain short exercises with solutions.
Limiting your search results
Under “Let me choose”, all resource types have been selected by default. Select only the relevant green tick marks so the search will be limited to chosen resource types.
We have converted all videos from Flash to other formats. If you linked to a Flash video then you link will still work but you will need to update it for the video to play in the browser.